Pope Francis offers a blessing in St. Peter’s Square.
“Have you sometimes heard the voice of the Lord which through a desire, a certain restlessness, invites you to follow him more closely? Have you had any desire to be apostles of Jesus?”
Is the Society of Jesus right for you?
The Jesuits invite you to pray and reflect on what you have read about the Society of Jesus. Some helpful questions for your reflection might be:
- Where do your desires and passion lead you?
- What gifts do you possess that might be of benefit to the aid of God’s people?
- Are there any Gospel passages that motivate you to consider religious life?
- Who are your heroes in the service of the Gospel?
- How is God inviting you share your gifts as part of Christ’s mission?
- Could you support the service of faith and the promotion of justice in the Church?
- Which aspects of Jesuit life excite you with possibility?
- When would be the best time to contact a Jesuit about your desires?
- Is the Society of Jesus Right for You?
Here are some ways you can learn more about the Society of Jesus, Ignatian spirituality, and the Jesuit vocation:
- Visit www.JesuitVocations.org for more detail about a Jesuit vocation.
- Speak with a Jesuit brother or priest in your area.
- Contact a Vocation Director
- Make an Ignatian retreat at one of the many Jesuit retreat centers around the nation or ask a Jesuit Vocation Director or Promoter about discernment retreats being offered.
- Attend informal meetings publicized in province and alumni bulletins.
- Pray for the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and share your journey